Author: Matthew Kearins

The St. John’s Orphanage in Goulburn, New South Wales, has been in disrepair for years. The building was opened 17 March, 1912, and was run by the Sisters of Mercy before closing down in 1978. The building is decaying, with windows and walls either smashed or destroyed. Graffiti covers what remains of the walls, and rubbish is strewn throughout the building. On top of all this, there are claims the building is haunted During the orphanage’s 66 years of operation, as many as 2,500 boys made their way through its doors. Many of the orphans had, at least, one surviving parent…

Read More